Putani Chutney is a popular item in North Karnataka. This dry chutney goes well with jolada rotti, ragi rotti, chapathi, dosa and even items like paddu and idli. You can mix either curds or ghee with the chutney to make it a pasty. Its easy and quick to make.
1. Putani (Hurgadle) - 250 gms
2. Jeera - 1 tea spoon
3. Chilly powder - 2 tea spoons (or as required)
4. Garlic - 8 to 10
5. Curry leaves - 2 or 3 sticks
6. Salt - to taste
7. Lemon - 1
1. Put all items except lemon into the mixer jar
2. Run the mixer until the powder is fine and consistent
3. Squeeze lemon juice and mix again
4. Store in a air-tight jar. Ideal to use it within a month.